Corridor Access and Permits

Corridor Access and Permits

For safety and security reasons, we actively manage and strictly control access to the go via network and our network corridor.

Work Permits

Whether you have been engaged to conduct work on the network, or are organising an event affecting one of our roads or tunnels; to conduct an activity within the go via network and Transurban Queensland leased areas you must have an approved work permit and fulfill certain safety requirements prior to gaining access.

This requirement also includes non-road activities and general access requests. Activities requiring a work permit include; public utility plant installation and maintenance, advertising signage (including signage erected on boundary fences), developer works, inspections, site surveys, ancillary works and encroachments (as per the Transport Infrastructure Act 1994), and special events (e.g. fun runs, sporting events).

If you are a third party, not engaged directly by Transurban Queensland, you must obtain approval from the Transurban Permit Manager (Tel: 07 3182 2285 or via email prior to submitting a permit application.

View our map showing the lease plans to find out whether you need to access Transurban Queensland leased area.

How do I apply for a Work Permit?

Permit required
How to obtain a permit

Gateway Motorway (inc. Sir Leo Hielscher bridges) (N239)

Gateway Extension Motorway (N332)

Go Between Bridge

Logan Motorway (N210A)

Legacy Way Tunnel (M5)

Authority to Work Permit (ATW)

Issued by:

Transurban Queensland



Fill out the Authority to Work Application and send it to Transurban Queensland via

Please allow 10 days for processing.

Please see FAQs below for details of what needs to be supplied with a permit application

 Clem 7 tunnel (M7)

Permit to work

Issued by:

Brisbane Motorway Services (BMS)


Jason Costin – 3250 1316


Allan Wheeler – 3250 1318

Main Office – 3250 1301

AirportlinkM7 (M7)

Permit to work

Issued by: 


For contractors who are already inducted to Airport Link M7:  – For contractors who require induction please contact: Widodo Muis, Asset Manager. Telephone: 3624 1818 or alternatively your authorised APL representative to confirm arrangements


Network Safety Inductions

It is also a mandatory requirement that all individuals accessing our network successfully complete our Network Safety Induction. The induction identifies risks specific to working within the go via network corridor and near high speed traffic, and outlines obligations for managing these risks. Inductions are valid for 12 months.

The only exception for these mandatory inductions for accessing our network is for Clem 7 and Legacy Way as these are under the operational control of BMS and EGIS respectively. Parties only requiring access to Legacy Way and Clem 7 tunnels are thus covered by the respective BMS and EGIS site specific inductions. To arrange tunnel inductions, please use the contact details provided for permits above.

Click here to launch the online Network Safety Induction.  If you encounter any problems or require any assistance please email

One you have completed your induction, your NSI card will be available for collection from Transurban Queensland’s office, 7 Brandl Street, Eight Mile Plains.  Please allow 7 days for the card to be ready.  If you require your card sooner please email

Site Safety and Access Rules

Read more information about Transurban Queensland’s Network Site Safety and Access rules.

Authority to Work Permit Holders will receive regular Safety and Environmental Alert emails providing updates on changes relevant to the network corridor.



Access and permits

Who should apply for the permit?
The permit should be applied for by the responsible party for the works (the nominated Principal Contractor). We do not accept applications that have been directly submitted by traffic control companies.
What do I need to supply with my permit application?
Documentation required to be supplied as part of Authority to Work Permit applications are detailed below.
Maintenance and construction activities :

  • Safe Work Method Statements for all activities being undertaken (eg. working at heights, working adjacent to traffic, use of EWP etc)
  • Traffic Guidance Schemes (if applicable). These will need to be site specific if you are working around interchanges and off ramps
  • Environmental Plan (if applicable)
  • Scope of Work
  • Program of Work (i.e. proposed access dates)
  • Location of work site/s
  • Map/s indicating how you will access work site/s
  • Any other documentation that you feel may assist our assessment team in reviewing your application.

Special Events:

  • Safe Work Method Statements for all activities being undertaken
  • Traffic Guidance Schemes and/or Traffic Management Plan
  • Event Management Plan
  • Safety Plan
  • Communications Plan
  • Insurance Policy / Certificate of Currency.
How do I find out if I am working within the Transurban Queensland lease area?
View our map showing the lease plans to find out whether you need to access Transurban Queensland leased area. Note this map includes volumetric leases, some of which are underground e.g. for the Clem7 tunnel,  
What is a TGS?
A TGS stands for Traffic Guidance Scheme: an arrangement of temporary signs and devices to warn traffic and guide it through or past a work area or temporary hazard. They must be prepared in accordance with Manual of Traffic Uniform Devices (MUTCD) requirements.
I need to access a gate, what key do I need and how do I get one?
Your Transurban Queensland contact can assist you in determining access points and what keys are required. Keys are available to be collected and signed out from the TMC and must be returned at the end of the day (unless otherwise agreed).
Should I report traffic and safety incidents to the TMC even if they are not related to my work site?
Safety is a shared responsibility. When you are working in our assets, you are required to let the TMC know about any traffic or safety incidents you observe as soon as possible – even if they are not associated with your work site.

Network safety induction

What is a NSI?
NSI stands for Network Safety Induction. This is the induction conducted by Transurban Queensland for access to our toll road assets in Queensland, and is a mandatory requirement for all workers.
Do I still need an NSI if I am working in one of the tunnels (e.g. Clem 7, Legacy Way?)
The only exception for the mandatory inductions for accessing our network is for Clem 7 and Legacy Way as these are under the operational control of BMS and EGIS respectively. Parties only requiring access to Legacy Way and Clem 7 tunnels are thus covered by the respective BMS and EGIS site specific inductions.
Can I attend the NSI training before I get an ATW Permit?
Yes. We encourage you to book in for NSI training as soon as you know you need to work within our assets.
Where do I get my NSI card when completed training?
After successfully completing NSI training, you will receive a card with your photo and induction details. This is usually available at your training session if you have provided a photo beforehand. Otherwise, your card will be available for collection from our corporate office at 7 Brandl Street from the Wednesday following your induction or it can be mailed to you.
Are all delivery drivers who visit the site required to undergo NSI training?
No. If someone is dropping off materials to site, and will not be leaving their vehicle, or staying on site longer than 10 minutes, a tool box discussion is considered sufficient.
If an unplanned visit from a sub-contractor or visitor is required at my site, do they need to have NSI or can I pass on the obligations?
An NSI is required for all people accessing the site.

Personal protective equipment / Site Safety

What is the minimum PPE requirement when working within the Transurban Queensland lease area?
Minimum PPE requirements for works within our network must be in accordance with relevant standards and include:

  • High visibility vest or shirt (colour to be assessed based on activity. Transurban’s preferred colour is orange)
  • Safety boots
  • Long pants (dual reflective stripes)
  • Long sleeves
  • Hard hats (in accordance with SWMS)
  • Safety glasses (in accordance with SWMS)
  • Gloves (on person)
  • Additional specific PPE requirements as identified in Safe Work Method Statements relevant for activities being conducted
  • PPE as identified in SWMS
Are traffic controllers required to wear orange PPE when working on the road?
Our minimum PPE requirements include a high visibility shirt or vest. Orange is our preferred colour but yellow is acceptable dependent on site requirements and specific risks of the activity. We would expect to see suitability of colour for high visibility clothing assessed in your Safe Work Method Statement/s. PPE must be compliant with relevant Australian standards.
Do I need to wear all Transburban Queensland mandatory PPE if I’m working clear of the six metre Traffic Control zone?
Yes. Mandatory PPE requirements still apply.
What are DAFLs?
Dual Auxiliary Flashing Lights (DAFLs) are installed in vehicles for visibility.
Do I need DAFLs as I will be entering from a local road through a maintenance gate to my site?
Dual Auxiliary Flashing Lights are not required in this situation. Note however though that we will review requirements when assessing your SWMS and site access plans.
We are doing a survey/inspection of the motorway in vehicles and do not need to stop, do I need to complete an NSI and or call in my permit to work?
Yes. This activity still requires an NSI and requires you to call in your permit to work.