Noise Management Program
Noise Management Program
In 2013, Transurban Queensland, operator of the go via network, commenced a Noise Management Program which involved updating our noise studies to check how current and predicted noise levels compared with the Queensland Department of Main Roads’ (DTMR) Road Traffic Noise Management: Code of Practice, available on the DTMR website.
The Code of Practice sets a threshold noise level of 68dBA at the most exposed facade of a residential building before needing to implement measures to mitigate noise levels.
This information was used to calibrate a new ‘noise model’ which was projected to the year 2021 and compared with the 68dBA threshold. The model identified sites along the network which required further noise reduction measures to ensure compliance with the Code of Practice through until 2021.
Phase 2 of the Noise Management Program is now underway, and involves constructing new noise barriers at key locations along the Logan and Gateway Extension motorways, including:
- Ellen Grove near Boundary Road, Skepper Street and Julie Road
- Forest Lake near Woogaroo Street
- Kuraby near Clifford Close and Hockey Street
- Eight Mile Plans near Underwood Road
- Meadowbrook near Kilsay Crescent and Elbe Place
- Tanah Merah near Pohon Drive and Murrays Road.
Construction commenced in early 2017 and is scheduled for completion in late 2017.
The new noise barriers are made of precast concrete panels and are painted eucalypt green, chosen to blend in with the surrounding environment. Native trees and shrubs will be planted on the road side of the barriers, where practical. Residents in close proximity to new noise barriers will benefit from reduced noise levels generated by motorway traffic.
Read more information:
- NMPII – Forest Lake fact sheet
- NMPII – Ellen Grove fact sheet
- NMPII – Meadowbrook fact sheet
- NMPII – Kuraby fact sheet
- NMPII – Eight Mile Plains fact sheet
- NMPII – Tanah Merah fact sheet
- Noise Management Program Fact Sheet – February 2015
- Noise Management Program Fact Sheet – July 2014.
Phase 1 (complete)
Phase 1 of the Noise Management Program is now complete. This phase involved constructing new noise barriers at Eight Mile Plains, Kuraby, Kingston and Ellen Grove. Construction commenced in August 2014 and was completed in January 2015.
For more information about the Noise Management Program II please contact 1800 874 984 or email email@example.com.